We are hiring a Senior/Expert Storage Specialist
Essential Job Functions
Must be able to configure and administer Storage Multi Vendor and Switches SAN.
Provides support in defining and developing product architecture through the provision of designs and evaluation of storage products in order to meet business needs.
Works with team members to ensure the appropriate storage level provisioning is maintained. May assist with monitoring server/storage infrastructure and any processes related to these systems.
Resolves problems identified by system administrators or through monitoring software. Investigates, identifies and documents proposals that will improve application recoverability.
Coordinates and monitors troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems; documents events to ensure continuous functioning.
Participates in testing, upgrades and configuration of system and services. Evaluates and ensures changes are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; recommends revisions or changes based upon results.
Performs operation and maintenance support within a medium-sized Storage Area Network Enterprise environment.
Collaborates with team members on the development and analysis of system standards, thresholds and recommendations to maximize system performance.
- Three or more years of experience working with computer systems, Storage and associated networks;
- Experience working with storage protocols SAN(FC, FCOE) and NAS (CIFS, NFS, ISCSI);
- Experience working with SAN Brocade and Cisco MDS;
- Experience working with storage Dell/EMC, NetApp, HDS, Huawei, IBM, HP, PureStorage, etc.;
- Experience working with Linux/Unix systems in a multi-site environment;
- Experience working with virtual technologies, VmWare, Hyper-V, KVM, etc..
Nice to have:
- Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work, and multitask
- Good analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot systems problems
- Good communication skills to communicate with support personnel, customers, and managers
- Basic skills in integrating distributed computing hardware and software systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team